Financial Aid

The main campus of Northwest Louisiana Technical College and its extension sites accept financial aid from several State and Federal funding sources that include:

Federal Pell Grant (Title IV Aid)
  • federal Pell Grant is a grant funded by the federal government
  • federal Pell Grant is available to all students at NWLTC based on eligibility
  • students must complete the FAFSA application located at
  • the FAFSA determines Pell Grant eligibility
  • Federal Pell Grant is awarded on the basis of need
  • Federal Pell Grant does not require repayment, because it is a gift aid

How your Pell is initially calculated: The Pell Grant is initially based on full-time enrollment. The initial awards posted on LoLA are posted for the Pell grant amount for 12 hour enrollment. Once registration has been finalized, Pell Grants will be adjusted (re-calculated) to reflect the correct Pell grant amount based on the actual number of hours enrolled.

Pell Recalculation: Pell grants will be adjusted (re-calculated) for the correct enrollment status during the “enrollment verification” period. The “enrollment verification” period typically occurs during the 1st –13th day of class. This is a period of time when NWLTC instructors report all students who are enrolled in classes but did not begin attendance (no shows). After the “enrollment verification” period (but no later than the 16th day of class), the Director of Financial Aid will “freeze” the enrolled hours. If the enrollment status has changed, for example, the student is no longer enrolled (or attending) 12 credit hours, the Pell grant will be adjusted downward. After the “freeze” process occurs, Pell grants will no longer be adjusted for students for the parts of term module, Session A (full term – 16 weeks).

Pell Recalculation for Modules/Sessions: Pell grants will be re-calculated for students enrolled in modules/sessions after the first day of class for the module/session and after the “enrollment verification” (or “no show”) period for that module/session. An enrollment verification period will occur for each module.

Example: If you are enrolled for six hours for full-term (Session A) and later add a class that starts at a later date (Session B), your Pell will be re-calculated after the first day of class in Session B and after the “no show” period has ended” (typically prior to the 5th day of class). When Pell is re-calculated, the Pell grant will be increased if your enrollment status has increased. However, if your enrollment status has decreased (due to dropping classes previously paid for session A), your Pell grant will be decreased and you will owe money to the College.

Will you owe money? Yes, you may owe money due to Pell Recalculation.

Example: You enroll in nine (9) credit hours (three classes) for Session A and three (3) hours in a module/session that begins later in the semester. Once the financial aid office is notified that you have begun attendance in the three Session A classes, you will be awarded the Pell grant for nine (9) credit hours. When the module/session class begins (later in the semester) the financial aid office will recalculate your Pell grant. The instructor has verified that you began attendance in the session/module class. However, upon review, we notice that you have withdrawn from two of the Session A classes (dropped six (6) hours). When the Pell grant is recalculated, your new enrollment status is no longer nine (hours). Your enrollment status is now six (6) hours. Your Pell grant will be REDUCED to the six-hour Pell amount and you will have to repay a portion of the Pell grant you received for Session A. You will owe money to the College as a result of Pell recalculation. For more information, click on Pell Grant

Federal Work Study (FWS)

Federal Work-Study is a need-based financial aid program that allows you to work part-time to help pay for college. A Federal Work-Study job is different from other jobs for the following two reasons: (1) the hours are flexible to ensure that you have enough time to study, and (2) when you apply for financial aid the following year, the money you earned through this program isn’t used to determine your financial need.

  • FWS is a program that provides part-time employment for needy students
  • students must complete a FAFSA application and select “yes” on the work-study question in order to be considered for the program
  • students must be enrolled full time or part-time
  • students may obtain employment at the institution in which they are enrolled, a federal, state, or local public agency or a private nonprofit organization
  • students will earn at least the current federal minimum wage
  • students are paid monthly and by the hour
  • students may not work during a scheduled course time

Important Facts:

  • FWS is awarded on first come first serve basis.
  • Funding is limited, so priority consideration will be given to those students who complete all required paperwork/applications in a timely manner. Every student who applies for Federal Work-Study will not be awarded FWS.
  • Completing an application does not guarantee a job placement.

Responsibilities of Student:

  • Report to work promptly.
  • Notify your supervisor as soon as possible if you will be late or unable to work.
  • Do not conduct personal business on the job.
  • Dress appropriately for your work location.
  • Report accurate hours to your supervisor and sign timesheets on time. Timesheets are to be submitted to the campus’ office of financial aid by your supervisor.
  • Students are NOT ALLOWED to work during scheduled class times.

How to Apply:

  • Complete the current year FAFSA
  • Complete an application with the campus’ Office of Financial Aid.

What Happens Next?:

  • Supervisors who are seeking FWS workers will access the job applications from Career Services. However, if you have the interest to work in a particular area/department you may go to that department or to the campus’ Financial Aid Office to inquire about available FWS positions within that department.
  • Once you are selected for a position, the Financial Aid Office will list the amount you can earn on your financial aid awards section on LoLA. You will also receive an Award Notification email stating your awards on LOLA have changed.
  • Once you begin working, you’ll receive a bi-weekly paycheck for the hours you work. If you don’t work enough hours, you may not earn all of the funds you have been awarded via LOLA. The money you earn through the Federal Work-Study program is paid directly to you. It is up to you to use this money wisely.

Why Should I Consider a Job on Campus?:

  • In addition to the financial benefits, there are other reasons to consider a Federal Work-Study job. Working on campus allows you to meet other students, network with teachers and administrators, and may even give you the opportunity to gain career experience.
  • Money earned from a Federal Work-Study job will not be counted as income when you complete the next year’s FAFSA. Explore your options and find the job that works best for you. However, if you decide that you don’t want to work while you’re in college, let the financial aid office know that you no longer want to participate in the Federal Work-Study program.

For more information, click on Federal Work Study (FWS)

Go Grant

The Louisiana Go Grant is a need-based award program which is administered by the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance. To apply for the Louisiana Go Grant, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. The FAFSA must be completed each academic year to determine if a student will be eligible to renew the award. It is not guaranteed that a student will receive the Go Grant for their entire program of study.

To be eligible to receive the Louisiana Go Grant, the following criteria must be met:

  • Be a Louisiana Resident
  • Student must be a Louisiana resident as defined by the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance
  • Student must be admitted and enrolled as a certificate or degree-seeking student in at least six credit hours each semester
  • Student must receive the Federal Pell Grant and exhibit financial need
  • Priority will be given to students who are 25 and older and/or have an EFC greater than 0.

*Residency: Louisiana resident as of the day the FAFSA is filed and Louisiana is the student’s true and fixed domicile as reported on the FAFSA. If student’s state of residence on the FAFSA is not reported as LA, but a dependent student claims that a non-custodial parent is a Louisiana resident, or that parents are Louisiana residents living out of state, LOSFA will determine residency based on the completion, by the parents, of a residency affidavit.

Renewal Requirements:

  • Must file a FAFSA or the Renewal FAFSA at least annually;
  • Continue to receive a Federal Pell Grant;
  • Have remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid (“gift aid”) from student’s Cost of Attendance (COA).
  • The Award can be renewed for subsequent years to a maximum lifetime award that correlates to that of the Federal Pell Grant.

Annual Award Amount: Award amounts to eligible students are based on the institution’s allocation and their packaging module and policy. Awards may vary with each academic year. Awards will not be paid for summers sessions, quarters or terms. Minimum Annual Award $ 300.00 Maximum Annual Award amount up to the maximum allowed per Go Grant regulations.

Disbursement of GO Grant: Disbursement of Go Grant and TOPS funding takes place AFTER funding has been received by the state. This may take 6-8 weeks into the semester. Disbursement of funds is prorated based on credit hours. For more information, click on State Aid

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

Students may qualify for financial assistance available through their Parish Workforce Operations Department. Funds are available for tuition, books, and supplies. Interested students can access to receive information about the WIOA program.

Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS)
  • TOPS program is a comprehensive program of state scholarships and one of the most innovative and progressive student assistance programs in the nation
  • Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance determines eligibility
  • students will receive an award letter from the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance to inform him/her of their eligibility
  • students must present the award letter to the Office of Financial Aid at NWLTC prior to the financial aid being able to bill TOPS.

Louisiana’s Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) is a comprehensive program of state scholarships managed through Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA).To apply for TOPS, students should:

In order to maintain eligibility, TOPS award recipients must adhere to the following:

  • TOPS pays tuition, not fees.
  • TOPS recipients must complete 24 earned hours within the academic year or they will lose TOPS
  • Students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 semester hours).  Enrolled less than 12 hours? Must be approved by financial aid officer at the time of registration.
  • TOPS is not paid until enrollment has been verified (15th day of class) and payments have been received from LOSFA.
  • TOPS recipients who withdraw will lose their TOPS for the semester

TOPS TECH STUDENTS: Students qualifying for the TOPS Tech award MUST be enrolled in a technical program or be in the pursuit of a technical program. If you are taking prerequisites for a TOPS-Tech eligible major such as Sonography, Vet Tech or P Tech, you must notify the Financial Aid Office so that you are billed correctly. Certificates and Associates of Applied Science degrees are TOPS Tech eligible. For a list of TOPS Tech eligible programs, click here. **NOTE**In the event of a budget shortfall, students completing the TOPS On-line Application in lieu of the FAFSA will be the first to lose their TOPS award. To speak to a representative, call Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) at; (800) 259-5626 Ext. 1012 or in Baton Rouge (225) 922-1012, or E-mail LOSFA at, or write LOSFA at P.O. Box 91202, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9202 Disbursement of TOPS: Disbursement of Go Grant and TOPS funding takes place AFTER funding has been received by the state. This may take 6-8 weeks into the semester. Disbursement of funds is prorated based on credit hours. For more information, click on State Aid

TOPS Tech Early Start Program
  • TOPS Tech Early Start program is a program provided by the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance
  • it is for any eligible 11th or 12th-grade student that is attending a state of Louisiana public high school
  • students can receive funding through TOPS Tech Early Start if he/she wishes to enroll concurrently for up to six credit hours per semester at a public college
  • courses must come from a vocational study that is a top demand occupation.

For a list of qualifying top demand occupations, please visit

Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program

The Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program awards up to $5,000 annually during the academic year to qualified students who have been in the foster care system so they can pursue an academic college education or technical and skill training in college to be prepared to enter the workforce. The actual award amount is determined by the student’s financial need, which is calculated in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.  For more information, click on State Aid. Eligibility Requirements: You must:

  1. Be ages 16 to 21, unless you were participating in the Chafee ETV Program at age 21 in which case you can receive ETV’s until you are 23; and
  2. Be in the foster care system, or aged out of the foster care system, or have been under the care of a legal guardian; or
  3. Have been in the foster care system or under the care of a legal guardian and adopted after age 16; and
  4. Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution; and
  5. Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year you are in college.

Renewal Requirements: You must:

  1. Not have attained the age of 21, or the age of 23 if you were receiving a Chafee ETV at the age of 21 and received the Chafee ETV continuously; and
  2. Continue to make satisfactory academic progress in your program of study; and
  3. Submit a FAFSA for each year you are in college.

How to Apply: You must:

  1. Submit your FAFSA and consult with your campus’ financial aid office.
Veterans Benefits

Department of Veterans Affairs (Federal) Any student that wishes to obtain VA benefits must apply for them through the Department of Veterans Affairs. The student will go to to access the VONAPP application. The Department of Veterans Affairs will notify the applicant of his/her VA eligibility via letter. Please wait for the Certificate of Eligibility to come in the mail before coming to financial aid to inquire about VA. The Certificate of Eligibility is needed so that the student can properly be certified under the correct chapter, and so that the financial aid department is aware of the student’s eligibility begin date, end date, and award amount.

Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs (State) To receive VA benefits through the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs the student must meet contact the local VA office in the parish that he/she resides in. The student must meet one of the following criteria: -Student must be a dependent of a living veteran with service-connected disability Living veteran must be a resident of the state of Louisiana for at least two years prior to child enrolling into NWLTC -Student’s parent must be a deceased veteran due to a service-connected disability. The deceased veteran must have been a resident of the state of Louisiana for at least 12 months preceding entry into service **If the student does not know whether the parent meets the above qualification, then a Form DD-214 can be requested. It will show the home address of record that was listed at the entry of active service. The Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs allows students to have all tuition & school imposed fees waived for any public institution. However, it does not waive student imposed fees. The student will be responsible for any student imposed fees that appear on his/her billing statement. The local parish will approve benefits and send to Baton Rouge. For more information, click on Veterans

Louisiana National Guard

Students must contact Sgt. Carter with the Louisiana National Guard at (504) 278.8304. Sgt. Carter will check the student’s eligibility. If the student is eligible then Sgt. Carter will notify the school by sending a Tuition Exemption letter. The Tuition Exemption denotes that the school will waive tuition only, however, the student will be responsible for any fees. Please note that any student that wishes to obtain a tuition exemption through the Louisiana National Guard, must pursue at least an Associate’s Degree.

Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program

The Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program is not an education program. It is an employment program that services veterans who are interested in being retrained for a different field of study. The veteran must have at least a service-connected disability. He/she will apply by accessing or by going to their local parish service office. The program pays full tuition, fees, books, and supplies.  **The Office of Financial Aid must receive an updated Authorization & Certification or Certificate of Eligibility in order to successfully invoice or certify any veteran. Without the aforementioned documents, the Office of Financial Aid cannot move forward with the student, as it pertains to processing VA benefits or entitlement.  **

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The Pell Grant Program is a federal aid program designed to provide financial assistance to students attending post-secondary educational institutions. A high school diploma or GED is required for eligibility. Pell Grants are intended to be the “floor” of a financial aid package and may be combined with other forms of aid in order to meet the full costs of education. The Pell Grant award is determined on the basis of the student’s financial resources. It is a grant–not a loan. Attendance and satisfactory academic progress of the student are monitored. Students must meet certain criteria to maintain the grant award. Check with Student Services to obtain a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is used as a basis for eligibility for other sources of financial aid. All students applying for need-based aid must complete the FAFSA to begin the financial aid process.   Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The link will open a new browser window or tab online at please choose Northwest Louisiana Technical College as a school you wish to attend so that we will receive your FAFSA results. FAFSA Information for hearing impaired students will open a new browser window or tab Information for visually impaired students will open new browser window or tab.

The Federal School Codes for the campuses of Northwest Louisiana Technical College are:

    • Mansfield Campus 033763
    • Minden Campus 015072
    • Shreveport Campus 016998

For the fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 semesters, complete and submit 2018-2019 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):

  • Be sure to use the IRS data retrieval tool to download your 2016 tax return info
  • Select YES to answer remaining questions about your income in order to fully download your tax data from the IRS into your 2018-2019 FAFSA application

In about 5 business days – be looking for an automated tracking email from Northwest LTC, not the email from Federal Student Aid (FSA).


Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)

After your FAFSA is processed you will receive a SAR from the federal processor. If you complete your FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA online, you will receive a SAR acknowledgment. When you apply online, provide your e-mail address and meet certain criteria, you will receive an e-mail from Central Processing Service (CPS) that provides a link to a web page where you can view and print your SAR. If your SAR is rejected or requires correction, you should read the instructions carefully and take appropriate action. If corrections are necessary, you must send the corrected SAR back to the federal processor. When sending your corrections, whether on paper or electronically, including all necessary signatures and/or your FSA ID.

Completing Documents

Read your student email: When the Financial Aid Office receives your SAR, you will receive an email instructing you to access our student self-service web area, LOLA. The Financial Aid section of LOLA will display a menu with several options. You should select “Eligibility Requirements” to view the information our office will need to complete the financial aid process. You may be required to complete documents that are found on our website. You may be required to submit a copy of your (or your parent’s) Federal IRS Tax Return Transcript, a copy of your social security card, a copy of your child’s birth certificate, etc… It is very important that you view the “unsatisfied requirements” and provide the information as quickly as possible to avoid delays in awarding your financial aid.

Award Notification email: After all financial aid data has been collected and you are admitted to Northwest Louisiana Technical College, we can begin to review your application along with all submitted documentation to determine your eligibility. Once the review (or verification) process is completed and it is determined that you are eligible for financial aid, we will post your awards to your student account. We will then send an Award Notification via your NWLTC student email address. Review Awards via LOLA: You may review your awards by selecting “Financial Aid”, selecting “Award Aid for Year”, and then select “Award Overview”. Then select “Terms & Conditions” and after reading them, click on “Accept Award” after reviewing your award.

Changes to Federal Student Aid Programs

What is Changing for 2018-19

Starting with the 2018–19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), these changes will be in effect:

  1. You’ll be able to submit your FAFSA® earlier. You can file your 2018–19 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2017, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2018. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling you to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year.
  2. You’ll use earlier income and tax information. Beginning with the 2018–19 FAFSA, students will be required to report income and tax information using 2016 tax year.

Other changes to federal legislation have resulted in some significant changes in student aid programs for all college and university students. Many of the following changes went into effect July 1, 2012.

Additional Information

Students and parents will receive an email informing them to view the awards in Self Service within LOLA If you have any questions, please contact the financial aid office at the campus you plan to enroll. You must submit all admissions documents before financial aid can be applied to your account. To see missing admissions checklist items, log into the Self Service area within LOLA.

Financial Assistance for Veterans

We honor our veterans and those currently serving and their families for their service to our country by providing them with the finest career and technical education in Northwest Louisiana. If Veteran Affairs & Military Services can assist in your transition into the educational world, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for selecting Northwest Louisiana Technical College as your training provider! We welcome our military comrades into the NWLTC family. NWLTC is committed to providing innovative career and technical education to veterans, reservists, and their families while providing the highest level of resources and referral information.

To Start Benefits at NWLTC

  1. The student must apply and be accepted for admission to Northwest Louisiana Technical College
  2. The student must complete the veteran’s application for benefits with the Veteran’s Administration (VA). The website to apply is
  3. Develop a degree plan with an academic advisor in your department of study or in the Academic Advising Center.
  4. Complete and submit to the VA School Certifying Official at the campus you are enrolling:
{849a9ec295fd0c88c0171a0cd5e156516513819f5ab8641b93147bfae7e9b866}name - {849a9ec295fd0c88c0171a0cd5e156516513819f5ab8641b93147bfae7e9b866}title

Once all documents are submitted to the VA School Certifying Official, the school will certify your application via the Veteran Affairs Online Certification of Enrollment System (VA-ONCE).

Veteran’s Responsibilities As a recipient of Veterans Education Benefits, you are responsible for the following:

  1. To notify the VA School Certifying Official of your status with NWLTC.
  2. To provide a copy of your detailed schedule along with the Request for Enrollment Certification Form for every semester that you register for classes.
  3. To inform the VA School Certifying Official when you add or drop a class, change your major, change your address, or withdraw.
  4. To understand that the Department of Veteran’s Affairs will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses (grades of A, B, C), except under special circumstances.
  5. To maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  6. If you are suspended by NWLTC, your GI Bill benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the requirements for reinstatement to the college.
  7. Provide your military transcripts and any prior official college transcripts, if applicable.

Extremely Important:  All paperwork must be submitted TWO WEEKS before the start of classes. Any paperwork received after the start of classes will be considered late and payment of benefits may be delayed. In this case, please make necessary payment arrangements to secure your classes. Helpful Numbers 888-442-4551 – GI Bill Customer Service Line 877-823-2378 – GI Bill Enrollment Verification Line 318-861-1776 – Veteran Affair’s Shreveport’s Office

Bookstore/Book Voucher

NWLTC Online Bookstore Information regarding textbooks (ISBN, price, etc.) for specific courses can be found by navigating to the NWLTC Online Bookstore, select the program you are studying. A book voucher is an advance on your financial aid refund that allows you to purchase or rent books and purchase supplies at the NWLTC Online Bookstore. The amount of the book voucher will be deducted from your financial aid refund.

Book Voucher FAQs

What is the online bookstore name and its website address?

the  NWLTC Online Bookstore

How to order my books online?

1. Go to 2. Choose your Campus 3. Select buy books 4. Select the Term in the dropdown box labeled Term.   5. Select your Program from the list provided on the screen. 6. Select your Course from the list of courses shown. 7. Select your Instructor for that course. 8. The next screen shows a listing of required and Optional Materials.    Select your desired book condition, and click the add to cart button under that book.    Then select any optional materials you wish to purchase and again click the add to cart button. 9. Once you have added all the items for that course to your cart click on the continue shopping     button at the top of your screen then repeat Steps 5 – 7 for each course on your schedule. 10. When you have added all of your books and supplies to your cart click the checkout button (or      click on the cart at the top of the screen), this takes you to the Log In Page. 11. Click on “create a new account”. You must have an active email account to create an account! 12. Enter your email address and create a password then click “create”. 13. From here READ and FOLLOW all screen prompts.

What if I don’t spend the full amount of my voucher?

You will only be charged for the amount that you spend at the NWLTC online bookstore. If you do not use the full amount of the voucher, your account will be adjusted to reflect your actual purchases. If you do not owe a student account balance, you will be issued a financial aid refund for the remaining amount. Refund processing can take up to two weeks after the last day of the book voucher period.

How do I qualify for a book voucher?

In order to qualify you must meet the following criteria:

  • Register for the semester in an undergraduate  degree program
  • Complete the Title IV authorization form
  • Satisfy ALL financial aid requirements
  • Meet satisfactory academic progress standards
  • Receives financial aid with an estimated credit balance or refund of $100.00 or more for the semester; 
  • Students who have a balance from a previous term, either current or in collections, will not be eligible to participate
How do I apply for a Book Voucher?

No need to apply. If you meet the qualifications to obtain a Book Voucher, please contact the campus financial aid officer.

How much can I receive?

The amount depends on the expected amount of financial aid funding remaining after your charges are paid. This includes tuition and fees. If you qualify to participate in the book voucher program, you will receive an eligibility amount once the financial aid office has authorized the financial aid to your account. The minimum amount is $100.00. The maximum amount of a book voucher is $1000 unless special circumstances are approved by campus’ FAO.

Do I have to spend it all at once?

No. You can make several purchases at the bookstore up until the last day of the book voucher period for the semester or until you have spent the full amount of your voucher, whichever comes first.

What happens if my book voucher expires?

Book vouchers are offered each semester to students who meet the eligibility criteria for that semester. Each voucher is specific to the semester it was offered. For example, you cannot use a book voucher from the fall semester in the spring semester. If you decide not the use the voucher, you will receive the funds in the form of a financial aid refund, which you may use to purchase your books/supplies. Refund processing can take up to two weeks after the last day of the book voucher period.

Can I rent textbooks with my bookstore voucher?

Yes. You can pay textbook rental fees with your bookstore voucher. A credit card (some debit cards with a Visa/MasterCard logo will work) must be presented to guarantee the return of the book by the last day of finals.

What can I purchase with my book voucher?

Required and recommended textbooks, digital textbooks (eTextbook), required supplies such as calculators and lab coats as well as course supplies like pens, pencils, and paper. You can purchase technology items like tablets, laptops, and other devices. Additionally, reference books are eligible to be purchased, such as language translation dictionaries, text exam books, and study aids for courses.

What if I am not on the list?

It will depend on if you have available funds to use in the bookstore. Please see your campus’ FAO.

Why was my book voucher amount reduced or canceled?

If you’ve made any changes to your registration charges and your student account balance exceeds the amount of financial aid you are scheduled to receive, you will no longer qualify for the initial amount you were offered.


5 for 6

The 5 for 6 Scholarship covers tuition for students without a high school diploma or high school equivalency who are enrolled in an approved program at any NorthwestLouisiana Technical College campus. Learn more about the 5-for-6 Scholarship here.

Social Security

Dependent children of those disabled or deceased workers covered by Social Security may be eligible to receive benefits while attending school as full-time students. Students should contact the local Social Security Office for determination of eligibility.

Other Scholarships

Information about scholarships or other assistance may be available from foundations, faith based organizations, community organizations, and civic groups. Please contact the campus’ Office of Financial Aid at the campus you plan to attend.

Tuition, Fees, and Estimated Expenses

For your convenience, a Multi-Year Tuition Calculator is located on the College Navigator web site. Search for “Northwest Louisiana Technical College,” select the “Tuition, Fees, and Estimated Expenses” tab, and click on the calculator icon. Students interested in calculating the cost of their attendance at the College may access the Net Price Calculator web page. For actual tuition and fee charges, a tuition and fees schedule is included in the NWLTC Student Handbook/Catalog and on the NWLTC Tuition and Fees section of the admissions page.

Residency Policy Covering the Veteran’s Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014, 38 U.S.C. 3679(c)

Tuition Payment Plan

Students can pay in full via cash, check or money order at the Administrative Offices at each campus location. Credit card payments must be made online using the student’s LOLA login and password. Students may also arrange payment via an Installment Payment Plan using CASHNet® automatic draft. To make payments online: Sign into LOLA using the student’s login and password. Under Self Service, select Northwest Louisiana Technical College Select Student Select Student Account Select Account Summary At bottom of page, select Payment Options For Pay in Full: Select Click here to Make Payment and follow the instructions as directed. For Installment Payment Plan: Select link under Installment Payment Plans and follow the instructions as directed. Please note: Online payments may be made with WebCheck or Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover® credit cards. Please pay attention to all payment deadlines. When paying in full, payment is due at time of registration. When paying via the installment payment plan using CASHNet, payments will be made in installments.

Disbursement/Refunds Info

Refunds for the semester for the Federal Pell grant will begin after the census class day. Refunds for the semester for other funds such as TOPS, GO Grant, Veteran’s Benefits will begin once the funding has been received. NOTE:Disbursement” does not mean “Refund.” “Disbursement” means the financial aid awards have been applied to your NWLTC student account. “Refund” means the credit balance owed to you will be sent to BankMobile (NWLTC’s debit card company). Refunds are available to students whose financial aid has been processed by the NWLTC Financial Aid Office and who have awards posted and accepted on LOLA.

Refund Timelines

We will begin applying financial aid to student accounts after the 14th/7th class day. All admissions checklist items MUST be submitted in order for funds to be applied to your student account. Refunds for Federal Pell grant will begin 21 business days after the 14th/7th class day. Refunds for other funds such as TOPS, GO GRANT, and Veteran’s Benefits will begin once the funding has been received, if applicable. Once the funds have been applied to your student account, and it is determined that you are due a refund, NWLTC will electronically submit the refund information to BankMobile. BankMobile will disburse your refund to the student account according to the refund preference the student chose when activating the NWLTC debit card.


Northwest Louisiana Technical College has partnered with BankMobile, a division of Customers Bank, to deliver financial aid and other school refunds to NWLTC students. Students will be asked to make a refund delivery preference selection with BankMobile so that financial aid money and refunds can be delivered without delay. Students will receive a bright green envelope from BankMobile. In this envelope, you will find a personal code. You will need this code to select your refunding preference. Locate your Student ID number which is your LOLA number, usually, starts with an “L”.  Log in to, click on the “Let’s Get Started” button and follow the prompts to set up your refunding preference. You may have the funds directly deposited into your personal checking or savings account. Or, you may also elect to set up an account through BankMobile and have the refunds deposited into that account that you may access via a BankMobile debit card. VibeAccount – Check Your Information In the event that you do not receive the green envelope within 14 business days after registering for your classes through regular mail or it is lost, please contact the campus’ Financial Aid Office to request assistance. CAUTION: Financial aid will only pay what is charged to a student account at the time financial aid is disbursed. If charges are incurred by the student after all financial aid has applied, the student will be responsible for the balance owed.

Rights and Responsibilities of Students

Northwest Louisiana Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, qualified disability, marital status, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Students have the right to attend NWLTC in an environment that is free of all discrimination. All NWLTC students are expected to become acquainted with College policies, requirements, procedures, and regulations regarding all phases of College operations. In addition, students are to remain cognizant of these policies and procedures during their attendance at NWLTC. Education after high school involves your time, money, and effort. It is a big investment that carries with it many rights and responsibilities. In applying for financial aid, you accept certain rights and responsibilities. Failure to comply with your responsibilities may result in the cancellation or reduction of your financial aid.

You have the right to know
It is your responsibility to
  • Inform the Financial Aid Office of any change in enrollment status.
  • Meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress requirements.
  • Complete all application and requested forms accurately and submit them on time.
  • Provide correct information (misreporting information on financial aid forms is a violation of the law and may be considered a criminal offense).
  • Use financial aid funds solely for educational purposes.
  • Promptly return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and new information requested by the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which you submitted. your application
  • Inform the Financial Aid Office and Student Service Office of any name, address, or Social Security number change.
  • Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms that you are asked to sign.
  • Inform the Financial Aid Office of any income change, including earnings, scholarships, waivers, private loans, etc.
  • Declare a degree seeking program approved for Pell and to only enroll in classes that are part of this program. Financial aid cannot pay for classes that do not count towards that degree at NWLTC.

Award Terms and Conditions

Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to comply with the rules and regulations that govern the programs for aid as well as the policies of this institution. Your award is subject to change if corrections or revisions are made to the information you provided on your applications for aid. Funds are awarded based on anticipated hours for the upcoming semester. The initial award amounts are based on full time enrollment and subject to change due to change in enrollment status. Please note this award is based on enrollment in an approved Title IV eligible program. It is your responsibility to read and understand all “Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”, and “Rights and Responsibilities” prior to accepting federal financial aid awards.

Additional Aid/Scholarship Award

If you receive additional funds not listed on your Award Notice (scholarships, etc) report them immediately to the campus’ Financial Aid Office. Your aid may be adjusted as a result of these funds. You will be notified in writing electronically of any resulting changes in your eligibility for aid.

Previously Received Title IV Aid

You must not be in default on any federal educational loans, or owe any refunds on federal grants received at any post-secondary institution to receive federal student aid.

Use of Funds

Funds received through financial assistance programs may only be used for educationally-related expenses incurred for the academic year. All federal aid (with the exception of FWS) will be applied directly to your institutional charges, which may include: tuition, fees, and other allowable charges. Funds in excess of these charges will be paid to you the existing credit balance, unless otherwise authorized by you in writing. Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to use any funds you receive under the federally assisted grants, or work-study programs only for expenses related to your study at Northwest Louisiana Technical College.

Eligible Programs of Study for Federal Financial Aid

The following NWLTC programs are eligible for federal financial aid:

  • Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician
  • Automotive Technology
  • Barber Styling
  • Business Office Administration
  • Business Office Technology
  • Carpentry
  • Culinary Arts and Occupations
  • Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
  • Electrician – Commercial Wiring II
  • Electrician – Industrial Electrician
  • Industrial Instrumentation Technology
  • Industrial Maintenance Technology
  • Industrial Manufacturing Technology
  • Patient Care Technician
  • Practical Nursing
  • Welding

The following programs are NOT ELIGIBLE for federal financial aid:

  • All Technical Competency Areas (TCA)
    • Nurse Assistant
    • Phlebotomy


Withdrawal from coursework may jeopardize your current and future financial aid eligibility. If you withdraw or are asked to withdraw, you must inform the Financial Aid Office immediately. Depending on the length of your enrollment for the academic period, you may be required to repay all or part of the aid you received.

Enroll in courses that apply to your degree program

You must only enroll in courses that will lead to a degree or certification and it must be your intent and purpose to obtain a degree or certification at Northwest Louisiana Technical College.

Repeated Courses

Federal financial aid funds may be paid for repeated coursework previously taken in the program but may not include more than one repetition of a previously passed course. This means courses for which you have passed with a grade of D or better can only be repeated once in your enrollment status to count for Federal Financial Aid funding.

Session Courses

Federal financial aid for Pell grants is paid on attending hours. Students enrolled in sessions may not be eligible for their full disbursement until subsequent sessions begin. Disbursement for sessions will occur after the class begins and is determined after the instructor confirms you began attending the class.

Enrollment Requirements

Federal Financial Aid enrollment requires:

  1. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree program and
  2. You must be enrolled in eligible courses that apply to your degree program

Federal Work-Study (FWS) You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours that apply to your degree program. Federal Grants (Pell Grant) Students eligible for grants do not have to enroll full time to receive grants. Grants are prorated based upon the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA and eligible hours enrolled.

Transfer Students

Transfer students must report all colleges and universities previously attended. Any transfer student who does not disclose this information is subject to adjustment or cancellation of their financial aid. If you were enrolled at another school during the current award period, you must contact that school(s) to request they cancel any aid awarded for the current semester and any future aid that was awarded to you.

Incarcerated Students

A student is considered to be incarcerated if he/she is serving a criminal sentence in a federal, state or local penitentiary, prison, jail, reformatory, work farm, or similar correctional institution. A student is not considered to be incarcerated if he/she is in a halfway house or home detention or is sentenced to serve only weekends.

Students incarcerated in federal and state penal institutions are not eligible for Pell Grants. However, students incarcerated in local penal institutions can still receive Pell Grants.  The costs of attendance for incarcerated students are limited to tuition and fees and those books and supplies specifically related to the student’s course of study.

For more information:

Drug Convictions

Students convicted of drug offenses committed while receiving Title IV federal financial aid may be ineligible for federal financial aid for one or more years from the date of conviction. Federal aid includes: Federal Grants and Federal Work Study. More information about drug convictions and federal aid eligibility.